b. London, England 1948
Helen came to botanical painting after careers in textile design, teaching and scientific research. Helen’s background in design and research, together with a profound interest in plants, took her to The English Gardening School at the Chelsea Physic Garden to study for the Diploma in Botanical Illustration. Five years later, Helen became involved in teaching botanical illustration at The English Gardening School, becoming Course Director in 2005.
She is a Fellow of The Linnean Society of London and the Chelsea Physic Garden Florilegium Society and member of The Hampton Court Palace Florilegium Society. Her work is in the permanent collection of the Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation and in many private collections.